Life Hacks Vol. 5 – Self Hacks
April 24, 2015
As you know we have recently focused on life hacks to help you take care of your home, but what about taking care of you? There are some amazing life hacks out there that are focused specifically on making sure that you get the most out of your life health-wise. Here are 5 hacks that will help you to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- A glass of raw lemon juice before bed can help you get a better night’s sleep!
- Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Eat some honey! Take a tablespoonful of raw, local honey to help lessen your allergy symptoms.
- Have a wee one with a bad cough? Don’t reach for the Buckley’s quite yet! Give a person with a bad cough some pineapple juice instead – Pineapple juice contains the enzyme bromelain, which is known to reduce swelling and to help fight bacteria. Some even profess that it works better than over-the-counter cough syrup.
- Do you find yourself getting stressed out? Listening to music for 10 minutes a day helps your mind appropriately handle stress.
- Are you having a down day? These foods will help boost your mood almost immediately; dark chocolate, bananas, oatmeal, salmon and milk.
Taking care of ourselves isn’t all that challenging, but we tend to leave it to the wayside. Try incorporating some of these hacks into your life and see how much better you feel.
What are your favourite life hacks? Tweet us at @HoggMechanical with your best tips and tricks and we will be sure to share them with our followers.
FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES
Posted in: Community, Uncategorized - Tagged with: air, allergies, asthma, drink, efficient, food, hack, health, healthy living, Home, house, life, life hack, life hacks, lifehack, maintenance, respiratory, self