Gas Lines for BBQs & Appliances
Fast, Friendly & Affordable Gas Pipe Installations
by Qualified, Certified & Experienced Experts
With an unrivaled 140 years in business and technicians who are licensed gas fitters with certificates from the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), you can be assured of an expert installation at very reasonable rates.
Backed by a Full Warranty
We stand behind every installation with a full parts and labour warranty.
Gas Lines for All Types of BBQs, Appliances & Outdoor Equipment
- Clothes Dryers
- Furnaces & Boilers
- Stoves, Ranges & Ovens
- Tank & Tankless Water Heaters
- Pool Heaters
- Garage & Workshop Heaters
- Patio Heaters
- Snow Melting Systems
- Fire Pits
- Outdoor Lighting
Benefits of Natural Gas for Barbecues & Appliances
- Natural gas costs less than propane and electricity for the same amount of heat.
- Natural gas burns cleaner than propane and so is better for the environment.
- Because a natural gas BBQ is connected to your home’s gas source, there is no more refilling propane tanks and you won’t run out of gas in the middle of cooking.
- You don’t have to worry about storing propane tanks or ensuring they stay in safe condition.
- Propane is heavier than air and natural gas and can pool in the bottom of your BBQ if you have a leak, causing a dangerous situation if a spark or flame ignites it. Natural gas rises if there is a leak which means that you will usually detect its odour sooner than you would with propane.
Important Information On Barbecues
Switching from a propane BBQ to natural gas.
Both natural gas and propane barbecues are available to buy but they are not compatible with each other without modification and it is very important that the correct measures are taken if you have a propane barbecue you would like to convert to run on natural gas.
- The orifices for the burners will need to be enlarged to the correct size by either replacing them or drilling them out.
- The rubber hose and connections will need to be replaced.
- Some BBQ manufactures provide kits for converting from propane to natural gas.
- In some cases the conversion cost is not warranted when compared to the cost of purchasing a natural gas barbecue that has the correct orifices, hose and fittings.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Piping Your BBQ
- Make sure that you install a quick connect feature for your barbecue so that you can easily disconnect it for storage during winter.
- If you already have a quick connect installed for your BBQ and it is pointing up, you should immediately have it changed to point down to prevent it getting damaged from freezing water that can collect inside the fitting.
- Consider sizing your BBQ gas pipe to allow for the possibility of future gas equipment such as a gas fire pit, lights or patio heaters. This will save you the cost of running a new pipe for this equipment in the future.
Contact us to speak with an expert or to request a free estimate.
Give us a call today!
Use our contact form
for faster service.
What Clients are Saying
In the 7 years that Mark and I have been together he has needed to take AT LEAST one allergy pill every morning, and since moving here has had numerous nose bleeds. All that changed with the installation of the air filter and humidifier on our furnace.