Ecobee Smart Thermostat Review, Pro’s and Con’s
May 2, 2014
Only recently have thermostats become so “cool” that consumers actually enjoy talking about them. It wasn’t that long ago that they were even referred to as “wall acne” and go back a couple years ago and ask an Interior Decorator their opinion of the thermostat. Times have changed and this is a direct result from the new technologies available to our consumers.
Here is a quick review of the Ecobee Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat:
- Customizable skins to fit into any decor
- The lovely full-colour touch screen saves power at night by entering into a stand by mode
- The display size is only 3.5 inches which makes it the second smallest thermostat on the market today
- Controlled remotely from any handheld device including Apple, Android and Blackberry by a free downloadable app
- You can set up alerts to remind you about filter changes, heating and cooling maintenance and when to modify temperature programming
- The portal included with the thermostat provides excellent data on your household energy consumption and the DataRhythm makes automatic adjustments to your plan that can save you money
- Provides area specific current weather patterns outside and full on forecasts so you know what to expect
- The Ecobee supports heating units of up to 4 stages and as many as 2 cooling stages. This is significantly higher than most other thermostats
- Comes with a 3 year warranty which is around the industry average
- 7 Day programmable temperature scheduling
- 1 of only 2 thermostats on the market that provides you with instant savings feedback
- The product does not offer motion or light sensors when entering a room
- It cannot run a compatibility test with your system and in rare cases the unit may not be compatible. However, it is easy to find out if your system is compatible, send a picture of your thermostat to email@example.com and they will get back to you within 24 hrs.
- Does not offer a one touch override setting
Overall this smart and energy saving thermostat is among the top in the current marketplace. The DataRhythm technology, attractive design and easy to use interface makes for an excellent product and well worth an upgrade from a regular thermostat. Smart thermostats can save you approximately $300 to $400 a year, for most of these thermostats it is worth the investment.
If you have any questions, concerns or require additional information please feel free to comment below or contact us at any of the sources provided. firstname.lastname@example.org, 519.579.5330, Twitter @HoggMechanical, Facebook Hogg Heating & Air Conditioning
Posted in: Cooling, Heating - Tagged with: air conditioner, American Standard, Cambridge, cooling, cost, ecobee, efficiency, efficient, Elmira, energy, furnace, Guelph, heating, Hogg, Home, house, Kitchener, saving, savings, smart, temperature, thermostat, Waterloo, weather