Posts tagged with "home safety"
Carbon monoxide is a big issue for Canadians. We have some very intense winters here in the Great White North and as a result need to use indoor heating during the cold months. The largest amount of carbon monoxide poisonings happen during this time, mostly due to faults in a home’s furnace ventilation system. This […]Read more
CO Detectors are now mandatory As of today, carbon monoxide detectors are mandatory in all Ontario homes … and we think this is a good thing. Actually, we think this is fantastic. Carbon monoxide kills around 50 people every year in Canada and sends many more to hospital. A lot of these deaths could have […]Read more
WHAT IS CARBON MONOXIDE? Often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odourless, colourless gas created when fuels such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane do not completely dissipate when burning. WHY IS CARBON MONOXIDE DANGEROUS? CO enters the body through breathing. CO poisoning is often confused with […]Read more